Preston R. Angstrom
(Physical Therapist Assistant)
Preston R. Angstrom, originally from Northwest Iowa, is a licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in the state of California and a member of the APTA (American Physical Therapy Association), as well as the CPTA (California Physical Therapy Association).
While serving overseas in the Marine Corps, Preston suffered an injury requiring surgeries and therapy as part of his rehabilitation. It was due to this experience that he became interested in the field of physical therapy.
During his education, Preston was a member of the Phi Theta Kappa honor society. He studied Human Physiology, Biomechanics, Neurology, Modes of exercise, and Advanced strength & conditioning, amongst others. While in school, Preston worked in the Adapted Kinesiology department of Saddleback College, assisting and adapting exercise routines for people of multiple ages with varying abilities and medical diagnoses, including: Stroke survivors, Parkinson’s and TBI (traumatic brain injury) patients, Ataxia, Trisomy and Autism to name a few; further increasing his interest in the neurological field. He also volunteered as a soccer coach for the college’s Special Olympics team.
In his free time, Preston enjoys woodworking, hiking, golfing, tinkering on vehicles, riding motorcycles, and camping, as well as going to dinner & watching movies with his family.
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), Associates of Science degree – Concorde Career College – Garden Grove, CA
- Bachelors of Science: Kinesiology; Exercise Science – California State University, Long Beach
- Automotive Technology, Applied Arts and Science degree – Iowa Central Community College – Fort Dodge, IA
- The Mission Continues – A Veteran non-profit, community-development organization
- California Special Olympics – Southern California certified soccer coach
Certifications & Memberships
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- California Physical Therapy Association (CPTA)